Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lasagna Gardening and New Boots!!!!

So having our own house and backyard is really exciting, especially because I wanted to have a garden in the backyard.  Michael and I both grew up as kids with gardens in our backyards and I want my kids to have the same experiences we did.  Especially the beloved chore of weeding our garden in 100+ degree heat in the summer like we did!! LOL

In the olden days we had to till our garden and yada yada yada but nowadays there is this great new thing called Lasagna Gardening.  My father in law is the expert and grows the most delicious vegetables ever.  With this concept the garden is in a box (of your sizing choice) you have to prepare it by laying down a gazillion (brayden's words) newspapers and then some really good soil.  You have to prepare this 6 weeks in advance before you start to plant.  So a couple of weeks ago Brayden and Popow prepared our garden boxes with the newspaper and soil.  How fun is that, I can't wait to start planting!! YAY!!


And on to the most FABULOUS RAIN BOOTS EVER!!  Knowing that I was going to be gardening I wanted some rain boots so that I wouldn't get my nice shoes dirty and icky.  I found these and I had to have them so I ordered them and they are a present from Michael for Christmas.  I got them in last week some time!! Aren't they AWESOME!! I love them!!  COWBOY RAIN BOOTS, they are like 100% vegan rubber, I don't even know what that means but whatever!  FABULOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment